Sunday, June 17, 2012

UPDATE: Living in a Vacuum...

A few weeks ago, I took Maxi out for a ride.  About a mile from home, it started loosing power.  I managed to get home OK, but only just.  While pretty much coasting down some hills, the car actually stalled out, and I had to goose the gas to get it to keep running.  A couple of days later, I tried it again, and it did the same thing.  Some folks at AMCcars.net  thought perhaps it was a vacuum leak.  Weather and Todd's pinched nerve prevented us taking a look under the hood, but yesterday we finally did.  Just in case, we changed the PCV valve.  We also swapped the EGR valve from my 401 onto the 360.  Other than that, we didn't do anything else.  Todd then drove us around the neighborhood for a while, and nothing bad happened.  Not sure if this really means things are fixed or not.  I have to take it out for a longer ride and see...   

1 comment: