Wednesday, March 2, 2011

5/25/10 UPDATE

(Moved from main site)

5/25/10 UPDATE:  Well, here is an overdue update!  Actually, there isn't a whole lot to type.  Maxi has gone on a few rides this year.  It will make the 60-mile round trip to and from Ayer MA, where I often go to watch trains.  But this year's weather has been a little goofy, and I don't know how many cool days there will be before summer kicks in. 


Maxi with a fellow railfan at Ayer MA 4/29/10

Today it was over 90 outside.  My roses are ready to bloom, and a lot of my regular plants are flowering.  But maybe Maxi will get to go to a show or two this year.  I really don't understand why it has been running OK.  Not perfect, but OK.  Maybe fresh fuel and new plugs/wires helped a little.

I finally went to an engine rebuilder that was suggested to me, and I have to decide if I want the 401 rebuilt first, or get some body work done instead.  It is a tough decision.  A rebuilt 401 will always be worth something.  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment